Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Lovers Cross



Jim had a tremendous skill in starting and ending truly emotional songs. His insight, spirit
and verbage are sorely to this day.

I love Jim Croce, what an inspiring truly amazing musician. Pure poetry and such a sad haunting melody. Jim is truly missed. Such a shame more folks don't give him a listen.

Over the past few years the hounds and I have been truly blessed with the kindness and friendship of hundreds of Face Book friends. Your passion and love for companion friends has been an inspiration and left us with memories we will forever cherish. We are proud to have inspired a discussion that helped change a culture of thinking on our relationships with our three and four legged friends.

Social media has lead a revolution of thinking that in time will bridge a gap that allows far too much suffering and senseless death for God’s creatures that could never be part of any spiritual plan.

The world can be a dangerous place. As much as we cherish the good we can not overlook the evil that has become all to part of the fabric with which we live. There is far too much hate in this world that seems to negate all the good.

Over the last few months some of very small-minded cold hearted voices of evil have decided to target not only my safety but more importantly the safety of my beloved hounds. I can not overlook these threats.

I like to think we share a vision of a kinder, gentler world were peace, love and understanding of our differences drowns out the hatred that has taken over the social media world. As important as that vision is for our companion friends it carries with it dangers I can not risk. For the last twelve years I have used my advocacy voice to speak for those who can’t. I have paid a huge price participating in the discussions needed to bring about this change, including the loss of my beloved Bam Bam a few years back.

I have never recovered from nor gotten over her loss. Bam Bam’s death was collateral in a war of opposing views. To this day I blame myself for not protecting her and recognizing the risk that came with what I do, I will carry the nightmares of her loss with the shattered parts of my broken heart. To this day Bam Bam’s image remains everywhere I look.

Now I face a much greater danger as small minded self absorbed cold hearted animal haters target the rest of my hounds. No matter how huge the vision of a kinder world is for our companion friends I could not survive losing even one of the hounds in order to capture that dream.

There has always been an exit plan for my beloved hounds. I have made the decision to close down all Face Book operations and execute that plan. We will cease participating in sharing the antics, stories and pictures of the hounds. I do so out of concern for their safety.

Instead, I will be returning to writing stories on my blogs and hopefully the lord will move on to other methods and commination in formats where the hounds will be secure. It saddens me to have to make this decision but I trust our true friends will understand.

We are but here on this earth for a few fleeting moments in time. No one can change yesterday’s approaching dawn nor are we assured a vision of tomorrow sun as it rises in the east. All our faith assures us of is our today, this minute, this hour, right now.

Over the last forty plus years I have tested that resolve more times than I care to discuss. I have learned to cherish every moment, every breathe that the lord offers. In some strange way I have questioned why a number of times he didn’t cash in my chips. I’m left with the hope that my work remains undone. I am no hero, nor a saint in any way. I am merely one person in a huge world trying to make amends for my sins of the past. It is my hope, my dream that when the time comes to knock on heaven’s door I will be judged on the kindness in my heart and my respect for the lord’s cherished ones. All the money in the world won’t buy a ticket to the lord’s kingdom – it just doesn’t work that way.

To all our dear friends – as much as we love you all I can not hang on no lovers cross for you. I leave you a tear and these emotional words.

Lover’s Cross

Guess that it was bound to happen
Was just a matter of time
But now I've come to my decision
And it's one of the painful kind
'Cause now it seems that you wanted a martyr
Just a regular guy wouldn't do
But baby I can't hang upon no lover's cross for you

I really got to hand it to ya
'Cause girl you really tried
But for every time that we spent laughin'
There were two times that I cried
And you were tryin' to make me your martyr
And that's the one thing I just couldn't do
'Cause baby, I can't hang upon no lover's cross for you

'Cause tables are meant for turnin'
And people are bound to change
And bridges are meant for burnin'
When the people and memories they join aren't the same

Still I hope that you can find
Another who can take what I could not
He'll have to be a super guy
Or maybe a super god
'Cause I never was much of a martyr before
And I ain't bout to start nothin' new
And baby, I can't hang upon no lover's cross for you


Jim Croce

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kbg95YYtXxE





Peace and much love - Drats
 

No comments: