Monday, January 16, 2012

Once there was a time


When your down and feeling blue there's no better medicine than a smile.  That's why I love the hounds - you can't be feeling sorry when their whimsical ways makes you laugh. 

Keep looking forward, forget the past, it's up to me to make me laugh.

Once there was a time when things weren't quite so blue, we'll just keep looking forward to days anew.



An adaptation of Alvin Lee's song
"Once there was a time".



Once there was a time I'd rob my mama
For a good meal and a smoke
Once there was a time I'd sell my brother
For a dollar when I was broke

But I'd never sell my hound dogs
And things were always great
'Cause if I don't have a hound dog
I'll be strumming on some angels harp
And if I don't get to heaven
And I go down there below
Better be a hound dog when I get there
Or, I will refuse to go
Once there was a time I was hungry
And I'd find my food in some bin
But I'd never, never sell my hound dogs
'Cause that would, darling, be my sin

1 comment:

julflorida said...

Beautiful...very touching.